A tour of the imposing castles and cathedrals that dominate many of the Province's ancient villages is an opportunity to explore its wonderful natural highlights. Bari, cultural crossroads since ancient times, is an ideal starting point, a city where two souls meet: the old town, surrounded by an imposing wall and crossed with narrow streets that lead to the discovery of its rich heritage; and the modern city, built at the beginning of the 19th Century and and having endured several changes over time. Bari’s restaurants serve ultra-local food that’s very hard to find outside the region, while the city’s main market has antique bargains and excellent produce. Explore this special city with us!
Day 1 -
• Independent arrival to your hotel.
• Accommodation and free time for shopping and dinner.
• Overnight at your hotel.
An old-time destination that overlooks the Mediterranean sea, Bari has been rediscovered in the last few years and has now become an attractive city for tourists again. It’s the perfect place to spend a long weekend or just a couple of days exploring the street food, UNESCO heritage spots, beaches and local life.
Start your visit arriving or parking at the train station and then walk to the modern trade district of Bari. Among the new Art Deco buildings you can shop in the most famous Italian retail stores, local shops and luxury boutiques.
The locals are very fashionable people, especially the men, and you will understand by stopping and watching them while they are walking or when they are having an aperitif at Jérôme Cafè. One of the best shops in the district is Dante 7, Anna Dello Russo’s personal boutique.
At the end of via Sparano you will end up at Piazza del Ferrarese. This square is one of the most impressive in the city. Overlooking the wall, it offers an incredible view of the sea. In certain spots the pavement is the original Via Appia Traiana. Just stop here, grab some drinks and enjoy your time.
Rainbow Tips: We can provide you Private Transfers with special prices!
Day 2 -
• Breakfast at the hotel.
• Together with your LGBT Friendly Guide, you will discover the magic and the secrets of the city!
• Morning walking shared tour with LGBT friendly guide.
• Tour begins visiting the main attractions of the old town such as the Basilica of Saint Nicholas with its precious Crypt, the ancient Cathedral of Saint Sabinus and the millenary Swabian Castle.
• Tour goes on walking along the authentic narrow streets, where old ladies still make pasta by hand, kids play outdoor and people cook in every corner.
• Tour ends discovering the modern French part of the city with opera theaters, luxury shopping streets, the famous fish market on the sea-side and the lively squares where a taste of local products is not to be missed.
• Free time for lunch on your own tasting local specialities and for shopping, relax or individual visits.
• In the evening farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
• Afterwards don't lose the opportunity to dance the night away at a Gay Party in one of the most popular gay disco of the city.
Nightlife in Bari is vibrant as ever. During summertime the city may look empty, In fact, in the summer people move to nearby cities close to the sea. But during other seasons Bari has plenty of fun bars and clubs. There are some big gay monthly parties in the main dance clubs and weekly gay nights in the city. But if you are not up for dancing, just go to one of the many bars in the main squares to have a drink with the locals.
Bari is not famous for gay-only clubs but it’s easy to find saunas and cruising spots all around the city. Gay beaches are located between Polignano a Mare and Capitolo.
• Overnight in Bari.
Rainbow Tips: We can provide you Exclusive Tickets for Gay Discos with special prices!
Day 3 -
• Breakfast at the hotel.
• Free time for relax and shopping.
• Afterwards transfer by your own from the hotel to the Airport, or Train Station.
Rainbow Tips: Want to stay longer? We can provide you Extra Nights and Excursions ! *Subject to availability.