Genoa has the largest medieval centre in Europe, thanks to its success, alongside Venice, Amalfi and Pisa, as a Maritime Republic, during the Middle Ages. One of the largest in Europe, Genoa's historic centre unwinds in an intricate maze of alleyways (caruggi) that open unexpectedly onto small squares; the soul of the city lives here in these alleyways, where smells, tastes, and cultures have combined throughout history. In these narrow spaces, tucked away between the hills and the sea, the pride of wealthy Genoese merchants, indomitable leaders of the Republic, had built beautiful mansions, in which works of art have been collected and preserved for centuries and are visible to this day in several house-museums. Explore this special city with us!
Day 1 -
• Independent arrival to your hotel.
• Accommodation and free time for shopping and dinner.
• Overnight at your hotel.
Italy's largest sea port is indefatigably contradictory, full at once of grandeur, squalor, sparkling light and deep shade. But a gateway to the Riviera for many travellers today, a weighty architectural heritage speaks of its former glory – the Most Serene Republic of Genoa ruled over the Mediterranean waves during the 12th to the 13th centuries – and history feels alive in Genoa.
No more is this true than in its extensive old city, an often confronting reminder of pre-modern life with its twisting maze of narrow caruggi (streets), largely intact.
Emerge blinking from this thrillingly dank heart to Via Garibaldi and the splendid Enlightenment-era gold-leaf halls of the Unesco-listed Palazzi dei Rolli.
The city's once-tatty port area now hosts museums and a number of eating and drinking options. Its old town, too, has had its own far more organic revitalisation, with a bright new crop of fashionable shops, restaurants and bars lighting the way.
Rainbow Tips: We can provide you Private Transfers with special prices!
Day 2 -
• Breakfast at the hotel.
• Together with your LGBT Friendly Guide, you will discover the magic and the secrets of the city!
• Morning walking shared tour with LGBT friendly guide.
• Among the largest in Europe, the historical city center of Genoa is full of mysteries and curiosities, such as aedicules donated by ancient corporations to improve the lighting at night, and narrow alleys, called "caruggi", revealing some picturesque squares.
• It is in this maze of narrow streets that you will get to know the true essence of Genoa: the smells, tastes and different cultures that meet in this coastal town, the pride of wealthy merchants, who decided to build their glorious homes here, now turned into palaces and museums.
Houses packed tightly together, a heterogeneous set of architectural styles, churches and historical buildings: this, and much more is Genoa.
• The visit starts from the Tourist Information Point, located in the Area of the Old St. Mary Porthouse, and continues through the narrow alleyways to the Cathedral, the Ducal Palace and the Carlo Felice Opera House.
• Then you will admire the "Strada Nuova" (Via Garibaldi) and finally you will arrive at the Museums of Strada Nuova. Some of the original furnishings of the house and important masterpieces of Italian and foreign artists such as Veronese, Procaccini, Rubens and Van Dyck are kept here.
• At the end of the route the guide will introduce you to the Musei di Strada Nuova.
• Free time for lunch on your own tasting local specialities and for shopping, relax or individual visits.
• In the evening farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
• Afterwards don't lose the opportunity to dance the night away at a Gay Party in one of the most popular gay disco of the city.
• Overnight in Genoa.
Rainbow Tips: We can provide you Exclusive Tickets for Gay Discos with special prices!
Day 3 -
• Breakfast at the hotel.
• Free time for relax and shopping.
• Afterwards transfer by your own from the hotel to the Airport, or Train Station.
Rainbow Tips: Want to stay longer? We can provide you Extra Nights and Excursions ! *Subject to availability.