Rome is the capital and largest city of Italy. Known as the ‘Eternal City’, Rome is one of the world’s most visited tourist destination. Its historic city centre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site filled with famous landmarks, grand palaces, ancient churches, ruins, statues and fountains. Rome is also recognised as one of the fashion capitals of the world, with a growing nightlife scene. The gay scene in Rome is not yet as ‘out in the open’ as in other European capitals – partly due to the influence of the Catholic Church. However, times are changing and, as in many other European countries, a new generation of gay men has emerged.
Day 1 -
• Independent arrival to your hotel.
• Accommodation and free time for shopping and dinner.
• Overnight at your hotel.
Rome is one of those cities that has a place on nearly every traveler's bucket list. Few cities in the world mesh modern with historical in the way that Rome can and it's a destination that doesn't disappoint. It's a major metropolitan city and with that comes a huge population of LGBT residents that live and work in the city plus countless travelers that come to behold the eternal city. Still we have to point out that Rome is hardly a “gay” destination and the Italian capital is still highly conservative and influenced by the presence of the Catholic Church taking hold in Vatican City.
Enjoy a gay visit to the Eternal City and explore the best gay bars hidden in stunning old buildings, restaurants in delightful piazzas and sexy Roman hunks around every corner, not counting the statues!
Rome is one of the most stunning cities to visit with its ancient monuments, stunning architecture and delectable locals! The city’s gay scene, while small, is constantly evolving with different parties and events springing up from Season to Season.
Gay bars and clubs are spread out across the city. The famous “Gay Street” on Via di San Giovanni in Laterano is home to some of the most popular gay bars including, Coming Out and My Bar. At weekends and throughout the Summer season, you will find the terraces lining this street packed with local gays mixing it up with the many thousands of gay tourists who visit the city each year.
A membership card is required for all gay cruise bars and saunas in Rome. The Anddos card is also required for some of the gay parties. You can purchase the card at the entrance of the venues that require it for entry. It costs 15 € and is valid for one year.
Rainbow Tips: We can provide you Private Transfers with special prices!
Day 2 -
• Breakfast at the hotel.
• Together with your LGBT Friendly Guide, you will discover the magic and the secrets of the city!
• Morning walking shared tour with LGBT friendly guide. Spend a half-day seeing the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to life.
• Your tour includes: Skip-the-line tickets to the Colosseum; insights into the amphitheater’s construction and bloody history; the Forum, with its temples, palaces and altar of Julius Caesar; the Via Sacra – site of ancient festivals and processions; the Palatine Hill – where Rome was founded by Romulus; the villas and gardens of emperors and the wealthy.
Most of the ancient wonders, including the Colosseum and Roman Forum, are south of the piazza in the Centro Storico. To the north are the Villa Borghese and Spanish Steps while eastward lie the and the central train station, Roma Termini. Crowded among the winding baroque and medieval streets to the west’s Trastevere area, are Piazza Navona’s Bernini fountain, Campo de’Fiori and the Pantheon. The Vatican City lies further west, across the wandering Tiber River.
Also, don’t miss Trastavere, best experienced during the evening. Head south across the Tiber and deeper into the medieval Trastevere district (literally, “Across the Tiber”). Sites here include the golden mosaics of the Santa Maria in Trastevere (Via di San Calisto) and the 13th-century fresco at the Basilica di Santa Cecilia (Piazza Di S. Cecilia 22). The area is also home to some of our favourite restaurants.
• Free time for lunch on your own tasting local specialities and for shopping, relax or individual visits.
• In the evening farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
• Afterwards don't lose the opportunity to dance the night away at a Gay Party in one of the most popular gay disco of the city.
• Overnight in Rome.
Rainbow Tips: We can provide you Exclusive Tickets for Gay Discos with special prices !
Day 3 -
• Breakfast at the hotel.
• Free time for relax and shopping.
• Afterwards transfer by your own from the hotel to the Airport, or Train Station.
Rainbow Tips: Want to stay longer? We can provide you Extra Nights and Excursions ! *Subject to availability.