Join other lesbian travellers on our 13 day New Zealand Highlights and Hot Spots Lesbian Group Tour. Experience the highlights and iconic locations of New Zealand and meet some of our trusted local partners who are eager to welcome you into their lives. You’ll enjoy gorgeous Waiheke Island with a local Maori guide who offers an in-depth perspective into Maori culture. See Christchurch city through an insider’s lens, and learn about our farming heritage on a private farm.
Spending time with the locals offers a unique and authentic taste of life in New Zealand. You'll also experience the other worldly geothermal wonderland of Rotorua and be in awe of the wild and stunning natural beauty of the South Island’s mountains, lakes, and wilderness.
This trip is designed to be the perfect blend of relaxed pace, gourmet food and wine, and soft and thrilling adventure, all in the company of other LGBTQ travellers. No minimum level of fitness is required for this trip.
Day 1 -
Welcome to New Zealand!
• Relax on Waiheke Island, with its gorgeous vineyards, ocean vistas, boutique shops and cafes, and white sand beaches.
• Gather with your travel mates for a welcome dinner.
Day 2 -
• Spend the day with your local Maori guide, exploring beautiful Waiheke Island.
• Walk through native bush, learning about traditional and medicinal Maori uses for native plants.
• Play with Maori musical instruments and weave a souvenir from harakeke (native flax).
Day 3 -
• Journey through the rolling hills of the North Island’s farming heartland, marvelling at one town’s artistic celebration of its dairy industry – painted cows!
• View the clearest waters with a short walk to a natural spring set in lush native bush.
Day 4 -
• Explore the options on this free day in Rotorua, the city that offers so much.
* Zipline through the forest canopy
* Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set
* Take a flight over an active volcano.
Day 5 -
• Marvel at a geothermal wonderland with its bubbling geysers, steaming fumaroles, and plopping mudpools.
• Fly to Christchurch, and join your local guide for an insider’s view of this resilient city, rebuilding itself after the devastating earthquakes of 2011.
Day 6 -
• Appreciate the creations of talented New Zealand artists in a lovely art gallery on your journey toward Banks Penninsula.
• Travel along the summit of an ancient volcano with spectacular ocean views on Banks Peninsula.
• Be awed by the years of dedication evident at the Giant’s House in Akaroa, a stunning collection of giant whimsical, flamboyant, and eccentric mosaic sculptures.
Day 7 -
• Journey towards the spectacular Southern Alps and Mt. Cook, enjoying turquoise lake views along the way.
• Marvel at the stars this evening, appreciating your lodging in the middle of an international dark sky reserve.
Day 8 -
• Join your local guide for an easy 3 hour hike along the Hooker Valley Trail, surrounded by mountain and glacier views, experiencing New Zealand’s epic swing bridges.
• Relax in your lake-side lodging, wondering how the scenery just keeps getting better!
* Heli-hike on the Tasman Glacier.
Day 9 -
• Enjoy a free day in this funky lakeside town. Wander the shops, discovering quality New Zealand made products, or choose some adventure.
* Fly over glaciers into the iconic Milford Sound
* Explore the region’s vineyards on a wine tour
* Paraglide your afternoon away.
Day 10 -
• Learn from a local about our farming heritage in an exclusive visit to a private high country station (large farm/ranch) watching how sheep are shorn.
* Ride in a jet boat into a wilderness environment
* Fly by helicopter and land on a glacier
Day 11 -
• Cross the highest main road in New Zealand on your way to Queenstown.
• Wander through the quaint historic gold mining town of Arrowtown, filled with cafes, restaurants, galleries, and boutique shops.
• Relax in your vineyard accommodation for the evening.
* Bike a riverside and vineyard trail, watching bungee jumpers along the way.
Day 12 -
• Visit vibrant Queenstown today.
• Breathe in the splendid views from the gondola above Queenstown.
• Enjoy our final dinner with new friends on the lakeshore and share stories and favourite memories of the trip.
Day 13 -
• Bid farewell to new friends.
• Start planning your next trip to the land of the long white cloud, Aotearoa.